What is ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO 27001 is a globally recognized standard designed by the International Organization of Standardization, which outlines the essential procedures and strategies needed to manage information security risk in an organization. ISO 27001 is the first and most comprehensive standard in the 27000 series. The standard offers a blueprint for an efficient Information Security Management System (ISMS) implemented within an organization. The ISO/IEC 27001 certification validates a company’s adherence to the development, protection, and ongoing improvement of valuable assets and confidential information by implementing appropriate risk assessments, security policies, procedures, and controls.
ISO 27001 Certification Courses
- ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer: The ISO 27001 Lead Implementer certification training course provides you with the skills required to successfully assist a business in planning, implementing, monitoring, managing, and maintaining an ISMS.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor: The ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification training course provides you with the knowledge and abilities required to perform an ISMS audit using globally recognized auditing principles, fundamentals, practices, and methodologies.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
Below are some key benefits of ISO 27001 certification.
- The certification allows you to acquire new abilities and more specialized qualifications, which will help boost your career.
- The certification validates that you can prevent potential damages and reduce the risk of security breaches.
- The certification builds trust and assurance in customers, company associates, and other stakeholders, which gives your company an advantage over its competitors.
- The certification helps the company address any potential security loopholes.
- The certification validates that you are knowledgeable about some of the most popular techniques for planning, implementing, operating, monitoring, and enhancing information security.
- The certification demonstrates efficient security practices that strengthen client relations and entice new business.
- The certification validates your ability to strengthen business with industry best practices to prevent security breaches.
- The certification validates that you can prevent downtime and regulatory penalties with effective risk management, disaster recovery, and contingency planning.
Career Scope of ISO 27001 Certification
ISO 27001 is the most demanded and well-known cybersecurity standard globally since it offers a systematic method for handling confidential and sensitive information. It can be implemented in all sizes of organizations. The following is a list of job roles that will benefit the most from obtaining ISO 27001 certification:
- Security Auditor: Cybersecurity Auditors are responsible for the planning, execution, and supervision of security audits. They also assess the efficacy and effectiveness of cybersecurity defenses, analyze security controls, and offer recommendations concerning improvements. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for a Security Auditor is $99,851 annually in the United States.
- Security Architecture: A Security Architecture is a professional who designs, plans, and oversees the execution of an organization’s security solutions. They perform penetration testing, risk analysis, vulnerability testing, and security assessments on the entire infrastructure of a business to uncover vulnerabilities and loopholes. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for a Security Architecture is $1,55,486 annually in the United States.
- Security Consultant: A Security Consultant’s role is to design and enhance an organization’s information technology system and develop a more effective solution for preventing and securing an organization’s digital assets, physical property, and personal security against internal and external attacks and data theft. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for a Security Consultant is $1,26,170 annually in the United States.
- Information Security Auditor: An Information Security Auditor is responsible for assessing the efficacy and security of IT systems and their security components. They are primarily focusing on IT systems that may be outdated and could be vulnerable to an attack by hackers. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for an Information Security Auditor is $1,31,528 annually in the United States.
- Information Security Consultant: Information Security Consultants are IT professionals responsible for evaluating an organization’s IT and network systems and implementing security solutions to meet its IT requirements. They also conduct malware analysis and penetration testing to identify vulnerabilities and flaws. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for an Information Security Consultant is $1,25,561 annually in the United States.
- Information Security Manager: Information Security Managers are responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining security policies across their companies. They specialize in securing a business’s networks, databases, and IT systems against cyber threats and security breaches. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for an Information Security Manager is $1,46,010 annually in the United States.
- Information Security Analyst: Information Security Analysts are responsible for providing the best security solutions and safeguarding their organization’s data by developing and implementing cyberattack mitigation strategies. They primarily gather information, conduct research, create secure methods, and increase productivity. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for an Information Security Analyst is $1,18,511 annually in the United States.
- ISO Lead Auditor: An ISO Lead Auditor is responsible for auditing a business’s management system using widely recognized auditing standards, processes, principles, and methodologies. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for an ISO Lead Auditor is $1,00,352 annually in the United States.
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO): The Chief Information Security Officer is responsible for managing the organization’s information systems and security. They also assess security threats the organization faces, report on them, and suggest new solutions to protect crucial data and business plans. As per Glassdoor data, the average salary for a CISO is $2,73,025 annually in the United States.
Checkout the related blogs:
ISO 27001 Certification with InfosecTrain
Earning ISO 27001 certification demonstrates your ability and knowledge in information security management. The certification demonstrates to customers, stakeholders, and vendors that your company takes information security management seriously. For those wishing to begin or advance their careers in the field of information security management, InfosecTrain offers ISO 27001 certification training courses. We are one of the leading training companies focusing on various IT security training and consulting services. With years of industry expertise, our highly qualified instructors will offer you the best training sessions for the ISO 27001 standard.
TRAINING CALENDAR of Upcoming Batches For ISO 27001:2022 LI
|Start - End Time
|09:00 - 13:00 IST
|[ Open ]