Nowadays, cloud computing has become more popular as most businesses across different sectors, including education, retail, banking, and many others, are migrating to the cloud for business operations and to store their business data and access it from anywhere. We know how quickly technology is advancing, but there is a need for more experienced professionals in the cloud computing field. Businesses require professionals who can aid in the transition to cloud computing or maintain and enhance their existing cloud computing technology. Therefore, professionals in the field of cloud computing, such as Cloud Engineers, Cloud Architects, DevOps Engineers, and Cloud Support Engineers, are always in demand.
In this article, we will cover the top 50 cloud computing interview questions and answers 2023 that are asked in almost every cloud computing job interview. These questions range from basic to advanced.
Cloud Computing Interview Questions
Let’s look at some of the most important cloud computing interview questions.
Basic Questions on Cloud Computing
1. Explain a cloud.
A vast global network of remote servers is known as the cloud. These servers operate different applications, handle and store data, and distribute content. It consists of interfaces, networks, hardware, services, and storage that assist in providing computing as a service. It has three main categories of users: end users, corporate management users, and cloud service providers.
2. What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is the on-demand distribution of computing services, such as storage, databases, servers, networking, software, analytics, and intelligence. It provides pay-as-you-go services that enable you to reduce operational costs and manage your infrastructure effectively.
3. What are a cloud service’s key features?
Cloud services offer a wide range of features to companies of all sizes.
4. What are the different types of cloud deployment models?
There are four primary types of cloud deployment models:
5. What are some typical applications for cloud computing?
Some of them are mentioned below:
6. What is a hybrid cloud? What are its benefits?
The term “hybrid cloud” is a computing environment that combines private and public cloud services, allowing organizations to store and manage data across both platforms while maintaining control over sensitive information.
7. What are some popular examples of cloud computing service providers?
The most well-known providers of cloud computing services are:
8. How to migrate an application to the cloud?
Migrating an application to the cloud involves:
9. What is elasticity in cloud computing?
In cloud computing, the term “elasticity” refers to the ability to quickly and dynamically scale up or down resources, like compute and storage, based on demand without manual intervention or service disruption.
10. What distinguishes public, private, and hybrid clouds from one another?
|Characteristic||Public Cloud||Private Cloud||Hybrid Cloud|
|Scalability||Very high||Limited||Very high|
|Performance||Low to medium||Very good||Good|
|Reliability||Medium||High||Medium to high|
|Security||Good||Most secure||Very secure|
Cloud Computing Interview Questions for Associate level
11. What do you mean by big data?
Big data refers to enormous and complex datasets that arise from various sources such as social media, e-commerce, IoT devices, and more. This data is stored and processed on cloud computing platforms that offer scalability, reliability, and cost-effectiveness compared to traditional data storage systems. It is defined by three Vs, which are:
12. What distinguishes cloud computing from mobile computing?
Mobile computing utilizes the concept of cloud computing. Mobile computing makes use of applications that are hosted on a remote server, and it allows users to access data and information using a mobile device. In contrast, cloud computing gives users access to the needed data and enables them to store and manage it.
13. What are microservices and their benefits in the cloud?
Microservices are an architectural approach used to create cloud applications and software. Each consists of a small group of independent services that can function independently of one another and connect via APIs.
The following are the benefits of using microservices in the cloud:
14. What do serverless components in cloud computing entail?
Serverless components allow you to deploy applications and use cases on auto-scaling, pay-per-request, and serverless cloud infrastructure without worrying about managing the infrastructure.
15. What does “on-demand functionality” mean?
On-demand functionality is the most useful feature of cloud computing, and it provides resources when consumers need them and takes only a minute or a few clicks to start up. It could include servers, networks, speed, storage capacity, software applications, and other comparable factors.
16. What are the advantages and disadvantages of serverless computing?
Advantages of serverless computing:
Disadvantages of serverless computing:
17. What is the cloud usage monitor?
The cloud usage monitor oversees and manages operational activities in the cloud infrastructure. This is accomplished through automated monitoring software, which offers centralized access to the cloud infrastructure and permits control over it.
18. What types of environments are present in hybrid clouds?
In hybrid cloud architecture, there are different types of cloud environments present.
19. What distinguishes elasticity from scalability in the cloud?
Elasticity is the ability of a cloud system to automatically provision and deprovision resources in response to changes in demand, while scalability refers to the ability to add or remove resources to meet changing demand. Elasticity is a subset of scalability, which involves the ability to scale resources up or down dynamically.
20. How is security maintained in the cloud?
Security is maintained in the cloud in the followings ways:
21. What security vulnerabilities exist in cloud computing?
Some of the security vulnerabilities that exist in cloud computing are:
22. What services does Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider provide?
The IaaS provider provides the following services:
23. What are the different components that are required in cloud architecture?
There are five components that are required in cloud architecture:
24. What is edge computing?
Edge computing is a distributed information technology framework that combines cloud computing with data storage to address the infrastructure’s latency issues.
25. What distinguishes RTO and RPO in cloud computing services?
Recovery Time Objective (RTO): RTO is the maximum time that an organization is willing to wait for its system or application to be restored after a disruption.
Recovery Point Object (RPO): RPO is the maximum amount of data loss that an organization is willing to tolerate in the event of a disaster or disruption to its system or application.
26. What are grid computing and its essential components?
Grid computing is a distributed computing method that links a network of computers from multiple geographical locations to work toward a shared goal. Grid computing has five important components, including:
27. What are the requirements needed to switch to a cloud platform?
The following are the requirements needed to switch to a cloud platform:
28. What is multi-cloud?
Multi-cloud refers to the use of multiple computing platforms or services from different providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, and others. It allows organizations to leverage the strengths of each cloud provider and avoid vendor lock-in, and reduce the risk of downtime or service disruptions.
29. What is the foundation of cloud architecture?
The foundation of cloud architecture includes:
30. What are the benefits and drawbacks of the SaaS cloud computing layer?
31. What are cloud computing operations?
Following is a list of cloud computing operations:
Cloud Computing Interview Questions for Professional level
32. What are the various data center deployments of cloud computing?
Various data centers are used in cloud computing deployment, including:
33. In cloud computing, what is load balancing?
Load balancing distributes the workloads, traffic, and computing resources in a cloud computing environment. It ensures that no server or system is overloaded or underloaded. It is used to increase the speed and performance of each device and to safeguard individual devices from reaching their performance limits by reducing them.
34. What are the benefits of cloud computing when it comes to security?
Security benefits of cloud computing:
35. In cloud computing, what types of security risks are present?
Below are some of the most prevalent security risks associated with cloud computing:
36. What is the difference between a cloud data center and a traditional data center?
|Cloud data center||Traditional data center|
|It is comparatively inexpensive.||It is expensive.|
|It is easy to manage and requires minimal maintenance.||It requires a lot of maintenance.|
|Off-premise, remotely located.||On-premise, physically present.|
|It is easy to scale as per needed.||Several challenges occur in scaling.|
37. What are the advantages of cloud-native applications?
The advantages of the cloud-native application are:
38. Describe the layers of cloud computing architecture.
Here are the most common layers of cloud computing architecture:
39. In cloud computing, what does VPN consist of?
In cloud computing, a VPN typically consists of the following components:
40. What characteristics does community cloud have?
Community clouds are advantageous for businesses that want to employ affordable pricing cloud services for team initiatives. It has several benefits, including:
41. What does rate-limiting mean?
Rate limiting is a method of controlling network traffic by limiting the frequency of a specific operation over a specified period. It can assist in removing suspicious activity from any network, particularly that brought on by bots, by tracking the IP address from which the request originated.
42. What is cloud optimization?
Cloud optimization is the process of reducing cloud resource waste by identifying, selecting, provisioning, and appropriately scaling the resources users use for particular cloud services.
43. What are the benefits of cloud optimization?
Benefits of cloud optimization include:
44. What are the essential enabling technologies for cloud computing?
Following are some examples of the main cloud computing enabling technologies:
45. What is the process of resource replication in cloud computing?
The process of creating several instances of the same information technology resource is known as resource replication. The resource replication mechanism is implemented using virtualization technology to replicate the cloud-based IT resources.
46. What are the uses of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) in cloud services?
Uses of APIs in cloud services are:
47. What is virtualization in cloud computing and its types?
Virtualization is the process of generating virtual versions of storage systems, operating systems, computers, servers, and network resources. This technique allows users to share a single physical resource or application among numerous users within an organization.
Types of virtualization:
48. What is the use of a virtualization platform to implement the cloud?
49. What is a hypervisor in cloud computing?
A hypervisor is virtualization software that creates and runs multiple Virtual Machines (VMs). It is sometimes known as a Virtual Machine Monitor (VMM). It allows numerous guest Operating Systems (OS) to run concurrently on a single host system. It divides, allocates, or modifies the software provided as a virtualization hypervisor.
We hope these cloud computing interview questions will improve your cloud computing knowledge and help you succeed in interviews.
Cloud computing with InfosecTrain
It is a perfect time to take advantage of this opportunity and enroll in cloud computing training courses for long-term career prospects. InfosecTrain is a reputable international provider of IT security training and consulting services. Candidates who desire to work as Cloud Engineer, Data Engineer, Development Operations Engineers (DevOps), Cloud Administrators, Cloud Solution Architects, and other related positions will benefit significantly from taking one of our Cloud Computing certification training courses. We will help you move up the success ladder by supporting you in accomplishing your goals and earning the most valuable cloud certifications.