Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification offered by ISACA is a globally accepted standard of accomplishment in cybersecurity management. ISACA is a global association that converges IT professionals or IT governance with knowledge, the community in audit, risk, and privacy. Information security professionals are in huge demand, but the competition for the position is also high. CISM is a better segment to prove yourself on a security platform. A CISM certification permits you to be recognized for your technical competence, experience, and appreciation of the business object. The CISM certification was designed specifically for experienced Information Security Managers and those with information security management responsibilities, including Information Security Managers, Information Technology Consultants, and Chief Information Officers.
Why Do You Need ISACA CISM Certification?
CISM certification enables the information security professionals to deploy and manage the Information Security Program of the enterprise. The CISM certification sends a message to companies that employ Information Security Officers or CISOs that its holder knows the risks, incident response, governance, and information security program. Once you successfully pass the CISM exam, you can exhibit your understanding, knowledge, and skills to develop an information security program in your organization and align the organizations’ goal and objective. After CISM certification, you will have information security expertise, awareness, and experience in developing an information security program. With this certification, experts can work everywhere across the globe as multinational organizations recognize this certification.
Prerequisites for CISM certification:
Minimum five years of experience in information security management in any of the three domains mentioned below:
Two years of Information Security Management experience can be substituted by taking:
CISM Certification exam details:
|Exam duration||4 Hours|
|Number of questions||150|
|Question format||Multiple Choice|
|Passing marks||450 out of 800|
CISM Certification exam domains:
Domain 1: Information Security Governance(24%):
Information Security Governance typically concentrates on numerous key processes. Those processes involve personal management, sourcing, risk management, configuration management, access management, vulnerability management, incident management, and business continuity planning.
Watch Intro Video for Domain 1: Click Here
Domain 2: Information Risk Management (30%):
This domain includes information asset classification to ensure that measures taken to protect assets are proportional to their business value. Also, it converges on risk evaluations, vulnerability assessments, and threat investigations at appropriate times to recognize and evaluate the risk to the organization’s data.
Watch Intro Video for Domain 2: Click Here
Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management (27%):
In this domain, you will learn how to improve and manage an information security program that recognizes, manages, and protects the organization’s assets while aligning to information security approach and business goals, thereby maintaining an effective security aspect.
Watch Intro Video for Domain 3: Click Here
Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management(19%):
This domain will familiarize you with security incident response, how to develop a security incident response plan and playbooks, test business continuity plans, and test disaster recovery plans.
Watch Intro Video for Domain 4: Click Here
Tips for Passing ISACA CISM Certification Exam
1) Read the ISACA’s Exam Candidate Information Guide: This information guide will give you detailed information regarding taking the exam and the rules of the exams. So you MUST read the exam Candidate Information Guide. You can download it from the ISACA’s official website.
2) Make good use of the right resources: You can get several resources from the internet and from the ISACA’s official website. You can buy the CISM Review Manual or CISM question and answer manual. The CISM Review Manual features essential items such as task and knowledge statements and self-assessment questions. Its latest version includes new elements like in-practice questions and case studies that will help you obtain a practical perspective on the exam content.
3) Take Practice Exams: Taking the CISM practice tests before the exam is more valuable for all the aspirants sitting in the exam. Practice tests help to increase confidence. By opting for practice tests, you become familiar with CISM exam question formats that you face in the exam, and it also helps to know which topics require more attention and time.
4) Create a study plan: You should start preparation three to four months before the exam. The study plan includes learning and practicing for the exam to complete it within the given time limit. Understand the format of the exam and gather the relevant information regarding the exam.
This certification includes various topics on information security, so you should spend at least two to three hours per day. The continuous study helps in recognizing the weak areas of the course content.
5) Join online instructor-led training: Join instructor-led training to prepare for the CISM Certification exam. You should spend time with an experienced instructor to get actual knowledge on how to crack the exam. It is an excellent way to get answers to all your problems, share experiences and strategies.
CISM course has been composed to hone professionals’ skills to manage, design, administer, and assess the IT security of the organizations. Joining CISM Certification Online Training satisfies all the requirements to prepare for the exam.