What is Penetration Testing?
Penetration testing or pen testing is a method of evaluating security levels that are involved in the system or network. It can also be used to determine the flaws or defects related to hardware and software. If the flaws or defects are identified early, then this pen test can also be helpful in protecting the network, otherwise the attacker can easily find the source for intruding into the system. During the penetration testing, a pen tester analyses all the security measures like flaws in design, technical flaws and other vulnerabilities that are present in the system.
Why is Penetration Testing required?
Penetration Testing helps candidates to provide in-depth knowledge of following concepts:
- Launching an attack on latest operating systems like Windows and Linux
- Picking proper system vulnerabilities that can be exploited by an attacker
- Picking the vulnerabilities that exist in an unpatched operating system
- Checking whether Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention system is properly working so as to prevent the attack from malicious intruder
- Breaching the security of a network or system
- Breaking into highly-organized security of the organization from outside
About Advanced Penetration Testing training program
The course of Advanced Penetration Testing has been designed by experts of the industry. This training course provides full-fledged knowledge about penetration testing and IT security techniques. The course also provides in-depth knowledge about Penetration Testing and also helps in gaining good experience in Exploit Writing, Advance Sniffing, Web Penetration Testing, Mobile Testing and many more techniques of Penetration Testing with Kali Linux.
Who is it for?
This Advanced Penetration Testing (APT) is designed for those who are willing to take their Pen Testing skills to the next level. The target audience for this course are:
- Penetration Testers
- Network Administrators
- IT Auditors
- Information Security Engineers
- Security Consultants
- Firewall Administrators
- Incident Handlers
- IDS Engineers
- Application Developers
- Basic understanding of networking and servers
- Having in-depth knowledge about Python programming language
Advanced Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
This course provides full-fledged knowledge of the following concepts:
- Installing and configuring Advanced Penetration Testing lab setup
- Different types of Reconnaissance
- Identifying system weaknesses, analysing it to prevent it from further attacks from intruders
- Use of different types of tools for vulnerability scanning like OWASP ZAP, Wapiti, NMAP, OpenSCAP, and many more
- Use of different tools for finding exploitation and attacks like Armitage, SQLMap, aircrack-ng, etc
- Exploiting weaknesses in the latest operating system such as Windows and Linux
- Understanding more about security tools
- Making use of different social engineering tools like Maltego, caller id spoofing, Lock Picking, GPS trackers and many more tools
- Mobile platform hacking
- Implementing network security
- Understanding Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and wireless network attacks
- Report writing in APT
Tools covered in Advanced Penetration Testing (APT) Course
There are several tools that can be used in Advanced Penetration Testing (APT), which are as follows:
- Nessus : Nessus is a vulnerability scanner tool that is used to scan weaknesses in the system whenever an attacker attacks or tries to penetrate into the system. This tool is developed by Tenable, Inc. This tool can operate on any platform such as Windows, Mac and Linux. After scanning, the reports can be presented in plain text, XML, HTML and LaTeX.
- Dirbuster : Dirbuster is a multithreaded java application specially designed for brute force directories and files names on web applications/servers. Dirbuster has 9 different lists in total, which makes these tools very effective in finding hidden files and directories. Dirbuster also has a web server directory brute force.
- Metasploit : Metasploit is an open-source computer security tool used to find detailed information related to security vulnerabilities and it also aids in penetration testing. This tool is already installed on Kali Linux operating system. This tool is available in two versions:
- Metasploit Framework Edition
- Metasploit Pro
Metasploit runs on Unix (including Linux), macOS and also on Windows operating systems.
- Aircrack suite: Aircrack suite is a complete set of tools used in Wifi network security. It sheds light on different areas of Wifi security:
- Monitoring: Monitoring of packet capture and export of data to text files
- Attacking: Replay attacks, deauthentication, fake access points and others via packet injection
- Testing: Checking Wifi cards and driver capabilities
- Cracking: WEP and WPA PSK (WPA 1 and 2)
This is a command line tool which primarily works on Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD as well as on Solaris.
- Fluxion : Fluxion is a security auditing and social-engineering research tool. It is designed in such a way that it is used to retrieve WPA/WPA2 key from target access point by means of social engineering (phishing) attack. Fluxion attacks are mostly done manually, but experimental auto-mode handles some of the attack parameters.
- OWASP ZAP :ZAP (Zed Attack Proxy) is a tool used to scan vulnerabilities in web-applications or websites. It is a free and open-source tool. It is developed by OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) and is one of the active projects. The GUI control panel is easy to use. Some of the built-features of this application are:
- Intercepting Proxy Server
- Traditional and AJAX Web crawlers
- Automated scanner
- Passive scanner
- Forced browsing
- Scripting languages
- Gophish : Gophish is an open-source tool that allows sending emails, tracking the same emails that are sent and it also keeps detailed track of emails that are sent and how many people clicked that link of fake emails. Here, one can also check statistics of all the emails that are sent. It is an easy-to-use platform that can be run on Linux, macOS and Windows operating system.
- Responder : Responder is a powerful tool for quickly gaining credentials and is also used to gain remote access to a system. It is LLMNR, NBT-NS and MDNS poisoner that is easy to use and also very effective in finding weaknesses in the network. Responder has the ability to prompt user credentials when certain network services are requested, resulting in clear text passwords.
- IDA Pro : The IDA Disassembler and Debugger is a tool which is interactive, programmable, extensible, multi-processor disassembler which can run on Windows, Linux, or MacOS X. IDA has become a well-known standard for analysis of hostile code, vulnerability research, etc. This tool is also used for privacy protection.
- Ettercap : Ettercap is a free and open source network security tool which mainly focuses on man-in-the-middle attacks taking place on LAN. It can also be used for computer network protocol analysis and security auditing. It is compatible on various Unix-like operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, Solaris and it also works on Windows operating system. Features of this tools are:
- IP based packets and MAC based packets are filtered
- ARP based
- Public ARP based
- HTTPS support
- Packet filtering and dropping
Penetration Testing is where system vulnerabilities are being searched and analysed further to prevent the system from being attacked by the malicious intruder. So it is important to implement the defence-in-depth strategy so as to prevent the malicious intruder from penetrating into the system. The main advantage of Penetration Testing is the maximum optimisation of tools due to which system vulnerabilities can be found and analysed as quickly as possible and hence the tools act as a backbone for Penetration Testing.
Why choose Infosec Train for Advanced Penetration Testing course?
Infosec Train is a leading IT security training provider, offering various training programs for information security certifications that are recognized worldwide. EC-Council, Microsoft, CompTIA, PECB, and Certnexus are trusted partners with Infosec Train. It offers training programs for globally reputed certifications in the information security domain, including CISSP, CCSP, CEH, CCISO, and CompTIA Security+.
Infosec Train team is highly certified and has skilled trainers fully dedicated, committed and can be a success factor for this certification. Infosec Train also provides training course related to Advanced Penetration Testing certifications with practical implementation in well equipped labs.
Infosec Train has many expertise professionals in Cybersecurity and they are also well-versed with all the concepts related to security. They can also provide full-fledged preparation materials for various security exams. So Infosec Train is better for security related concepts as they have good trainers with full knowledge.