Cybersecurity gives valuable career opportunities to certified specialists in the IT industry. Many students who are interested in beginning the cybersecurity field turn to certification to improve their knowledge and hands-on skills. With the rising demand for qualified security professionals, certification is a reasonable way for you to verify your skill and expertise to get your resume noticed. The cybersecurity certification process can help professionals stay versatile in their skills and grow their experience.
Here are some of the notable cybersecurity certifications that professionals can pursue in 2021:
1) CompTIA Security+: CompTIA Security+ is for those who are beginning their career in cyber technology. This certification develops your expertise and skills in the computer or network security domains like cybersecurity, network security, and IT risk management. CompTIA Security+ also covers threat management, risk management, intrusion detection, etc. Candidates can apply for different roles with CompTIA Security+ Certification, such as Network Administrator, DevOps / Software Developer, Security Engineer, Security Consultant, etc.
2) CompTIA Pentest+: CompTIA Pentest+ Certification is for intermediate-level cybersecurity professionals. If you know about penetration testing, this certification will be beneficial for you. The good part of this certification is that this exam includes management skills to plan vulnerability assessment and pentesting. The course covers launching attacks on the system, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, managing, and reporting vulnerabilities on the network. Pentest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the network’s flexibility against the attacks. The successful candidate will have the best practices required to customize the assessment framework to effectively collaborate and communicate recommended techniques to improve the overall state of IT security.
3) CompTIA CySA+: This is a Cybersecurity Analyst certification that helps to apply analytics in the network to detect cybersecurity threats in the environment. The behavioral analytical skills identify and catch combat malware and secure and protect the applications and systems. This certification makes the participants highly efficient in gaining knowledge on covering the advanced persistent threats and configure and use the threat-detection tools.
4) Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv11): Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH v11) course, offered by EC-Council, is the ideal certification if you want to make your career in the ethical hacking domain. This course will significantly help all those involved in knowing more about how hackers breach into networks and build the ability to test the infrastructure. This certification will enhance your vulnerability assessment and penetration testing abilities. The CEH v11 certificate also provides in-depth knowledge and practical approaches to the current essential security systems.
5) Advanced Penetration Testing: Pen-testers detect exploitable vulnerabilities in the network infrastructure, devices using the same methodologies and tools used by hackers, and bypass the security infrastructure. After executing the penetration testing and exploiting the vulnerabilities, they draft an actionable report based on their assessment, which helps organizations fix the vulnerabilities before an actual attack occurs. Advanced penetration testing training program enhances the knowledge about more Advanced Penetration Testing concepts such as wireless penetration testing, network penetration testing, web application penetration testing, and social engineering penetration testing. The training program focuses on manual as well as automated penetration testing methodologies.
6) Offensive Cyber Security Engineer Training: Offensive Cyber Security Engineering Training provides cybersecurity professionals with advanced security skills and hands-on learning experience. This training starts with intermediate-level cybersecurity concepts and proceeds to advanced skills for system hacking, network security, exploit development, etc. This training program enables you to utilize the tools and techniques to reach organization data and information internally and externally. This training also provides knowledge on security behaviors for understanding the attack methodology, network security in depth.
7) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): The CISSP certification is a boon for those who want to make their career in information security management to enhance their knowledge and salaries. The CISSP certification course will equip you with the capability to implement information security things. This certification course will provide an understanding of many fields such as security and risk management, network security, security assessment, and testing.
8) Certified Information Security Manager (CISM): CISM is an advanced level certification that shows that a person holds the expertise and skill to cultivate and manage an enterprise information security program. ISACA offers this certification for professionals involved in information security, assurance, risk management, and governance. It is a highly advised course for professionals with over 20 years of experience designing and managing IT security programs. It provides them leadership positions in risk management and the IT security field.
9) Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA): CISA certification is a popular certification introduced by ISACA for security professionals. It is designed for those who audit, control, monitor and assess an organization’s information technology and business systems. CISA certificate is an excellent opportunity for those looking forward to their career in auditing and security services. This certification helps IT professionals to improve the career prospects and possibly enhance the potential income.
10) Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC): It is an industry risk management requisite for IT professionals developed by ISACA. To obtain CRISC certification, you need to keep knowledge and experience in the following areas:
The CRISC certification validates your competency to handle the ongoing challenges and the strength to design risk-based information system controls. By earning the CRISC credential, you may secure a new job or attain a higher position.
How can I get Cybersecurity Certifications?
Infosec Train provides certification training and necessary preparation guidance for all the certification exams mentioned above. It is one of the best consulting organizations, focusing on a wide range of IT security training. Highly skilled and qualified instructors with years of industry experience to deliver interactive training sessions that will help you hone your Cybersecurity skills. You can visit the following link to prepare for the certification exam.