The world is now gradually replaced by new and improved technologies. Data is the critical aspect that must be preserved in this development in technology. With the increasing amounts of data on a daily basis, hackers target the data with diverse malintent, while certified ethical hackers in the organization work to prevent these cybercrimes.
Why CEH certification?
CEH certification training teaches the candidates to spot vulnerabilities in a system. It trains you on how to identify threat flows, how to verify them, and how to treat them as well. This is a certification and companies look for people who are already certified as CEH. So, what exactly is the purpose of this certification:
While the exam certification will test you on the criteria, the training will provide you with all of the material you need for the exam and to gain knowledge from a real-world viewpoint. It trains candidates to think like a hacker, and by doing so, the candidates can spot the vulnerabilities in a system just like how an attacker would do. Also, a CEH certified professional is often known as a white-hat hacker as well.
CEH Certification for?
CEH exam details
|Number of questions||125|
|Passing Marks||60% to 80%|
CEH exam Module
There are several modules in this CEH exam syllabus.
Module 01: Introduction of ethical hacking
Module 02: Reconnaissance and Footprinting
Module 03: Network scanning
Module 04: Enumeration
Module 05: Vulnerability analysis
Module 06: System hacking
Module 07: Malware threats
Module 08: Sniffing
Module 09: Social-engineering
Module 10: Denial-of-service
Module 11: Session hijacking
Module 12: Evading IDS, Firewalls, And Honeypots
Module 13: Hacking web servers
Module 14: Hacking web applications
Module 15: SQL injection
Module 16: Hacking wireless network
Module 17: Hacking mobile platforms
Module 18: IoT hacking
Module 19: Cloud computing
Module 20: Cryptography
Domain weightage of CEH exam:
Domain 1: information security and ethical hacking overview(6%)
Domain 2: Reconnaissance techniques(21%)
Domain 3: System hacking phases and attack techniques(17%)
Domain 4: Network and perimeter hacking(14%)
Domain 5: Web application hacking(16%)
Domain 6: Wireless network hacking(6%)
Domain 7: Mobile platform, IoT, and OT hacking(8%)
Domain 8: Cloud computing(6%)
Domain 9: Cryptography(6%)
How to prepare for CEH exam?
CEH exam is a challenging exam and that is its glory. CEH is among the most desirable security certificates in the world, and it is widely respected. If you aim to conquer these tests on the first try, follow the tips below:
1. Organize your study time into smaller portions: If you want to accomplish your goal then the first thing you have to do is make a plan. Divide your syllabus into small portions, so you can give enough time to each and every topic. For example: Domain 1: Background (21.79%)(6hrs)
2. Use study materials: Gather as much reading materials as you can. There are a number of resources freely available, such as books, video tutorials, and more, to assist you in preparing and selecting the best option for you. You can go through the variety of study guides available online for the CEH exam.
3. Awareness about exam patterns: It is very important to know about the exam pattern of any certification exam that you are trying to attempt like the total number of questions, the total time for the exam, and passing score. This will help you to prepare accordingly.
4. Enroll yourself for training: If you don’t have any experience in this field then enrolling yourself in a well-affiliated and qualified training/ exam prep institute for CEH v11 training is a good step. It is one of the best tools for preparation. These training options include elements such as certificate manuals, extra learning resources, video training classes taught by expert professionals, study groups, live test scenarios, and much more to help you prepare. And for this, selecting the right training program is essential in your preparation. You can look at the CEH certification training course offered by InfosecTrain.
5. Join an online community: A passionate discussion is always useful, regardless of where it takes place—the possibilities of obtaining a solution rise when a large number of people are engaged in a challenge. The knowledge becomes more comprehensive as a result of these exchanges. Discussion boards are wonderful for developing the type of community needed to comprehend the concepts covered in the exam.
6. Fully commit: The exam of CEH certification is not an easy task. So the most important thing in your CEH certification exam is your commitment towards the exam. This difficult exam, like all others, needs entire focus and extensive study. You will need to study and take practice examinations to obtain a complete understanding of the principles and subjects included in this exam.
7. Practice and practice more: As we can see, the material for this exam is extremely subjective, with the subject matter covering topics from lots of areas. So trying to solve many practice papers is a great thing to do for your preparation. During the practice, you get an idea about the pattern of questions and the type of questions.
Tips for exam day: You’ve done all of the work before. It’s time to take a deep breath and focus on the exam. A pleasant mindset and plenty of sleep are crucial when attending an exam. Follow these tips for examination day, it will help you:
CEH Training Course with InfosecTrain
The CEH exam is challenging, and that is its glory, else everyone would have the same designation next to their identity. InfosecTrain provides premium training for those who wish to advance their career in the IT and cyber security Field. Our trainers are extremely well-versed in a wide range of fields. We’re a world-class training company with a global reputation for excellence in training. Enroll in InfosecTrain’s CEH certification training course to begin your preparations.